Diverse Applications Of Diffractive Optical Elements
Physics deals with an important branch of science, the optics. The fascinating study of light has always made way for one of the inventions to use it in different fields. Optics has been a play of wavelengths. The spectrum of light consisting of both visible and non-visible frequencies contributes to the different applications in the industry.
The result of this study is the evolution of optical components.
Transmissive generally consists of the lenses, prisms, and polarizers, where the reflectors are mirrors and screens.
Based on the applications, the industrial components are:
- Lenses: Their variation depends on the refractive index of the material used. Their structure, bifocal or planar, also depends on their purpose.
2. Mirrors: Reflection by the surface depends on the metal used to make it. Specially designed mirrors can be used for distant or focused reflections. Altering the image is possible with different characteristics of the wavelength adjustment.
3. Filters: Often, the light source needs to be refined and filtered to get the required wavelength. Thus, filters are used in combination with polarizers.
4. Diffusers: Scattering is a prominent property of light. It can be achieved using diffraction and diffusers to spread the light in a wide range of certain extract frequencies.Diffraction Play
The refection and refraction are the basic strategies. Light being both wave and particle in nature, can often show bending properties. This splendid discovery of bending around the corners has helped to discover more in the field of diffraction. In the formation of shadow or the rainbow, there are many natural phenomena to show the wonderful diffraction applications.
Applications Of Diffraction
Human efforts have endlessly tried to invent devices based on diffractive principles. They were referred to as the diffractive optical elements used for industrial purposes. Some of the notable examples are:
• Spectrometer: The astronomical study depends largely on the distant celestial bodies. Their observation from the earth is a challenging task with the size of the equipment we use. Rather, specially designed spectrometers can replace them for the distant view by the principle of light bending around the mid obstacles.
• Holograms: The steady 3D photograph of the light can be taken when combined with the interference principles.
• AR/ VR visuals: The gaming or the video equipment using the AR or VR principles use the beam splitting and concise refection.
Light majorly follows two principles, namely reflection and refraction. Based on the reflecting and transmitting property through different materials, components are distinguished.